Friday, February 11, 2011

Special weekend

Day 24 - My daughter came for a visit from the military this morning. She was planning to stay here only for a few hours, buy some things she needs and go to another city to spend the weekend with her friends. When she came here in the morning she said that it feels like she is developing a shin splint, not so great when she has 3 months of intense physical training in front of her. We bought some stuff with the hope it will help and in the early afternoon she got back on her uniform and we were out, heading to the bus station. The heavy boots and the fact that we walked a little while shopping, or what ever else was the reason - her leg was really hurting and so, thinking it is probably not a good idea to stay on that injured leg - she changed plans and decided to stay here for the weekend. We thought it will be great to have a a very quite evening and to keep her leg up and iced. So, we put on a movie on her computer (I don't have a TV) crowled into bed and covered ourselves with my famous comforter and promptly fell asleep. She is already sleeping for 7 hours, I think she really needed these extra sleep. They always say that sleep is the best medicine. So I hope it will prove itself this time as well. And I get to enjoy this very special weekend.

I am so thankful for having her here with me this weekend. It is a rare treat and I really appreciate this gift. I love it when she is here. It brings so much light and joy into my life.

No comments: