Sunday, February 20, 2011

Helping Hands

Day 33 - Whenever I tell my story, I hear the same comment of how much courage it takes to do what I did. To move to a different country, even if it was my homeland, after so many years and alone. And I always say, that no, it really wasn't such a big deal, and I got so lucky and all. But, today and in the past few days, I got so many wishes for my birthday, by phone and email and facebook and of course in person and it made me realize, that It was not such a big deal because of all the wonderful friends that I had for years and the new ones I found along the way. Friends are the secret to my easy transition, to the feeling of warmth and acceptance, to my ability to plant myself again in this wonderful place I left so many years ago. Friends, who could have been resentful, or take sides, or just be and not help. I found just the opposite. I found friends who keep calling to make sure I am OK, friends who invite me to celebrate with them family events, friends who introduce me to new friends here to make sure I will not feel lonely, friends who invited me to new year party, friends who helped me find a job, friends who came to pick me up for dinner because I have no car, friends who came to visit at the hospital when my daughter had the shock, friends who stayed with her at the hospital so I can go and shower, friends who brought food for us to the hospital, friends who drove 5 hours just to visit us there, friends who call in the middle of the night and talk to me for hours, friends who did not forget me even after so many years away...
I am so thankful to each and everyone you, my wonderful friends. If I am here today so happy and strong and optimistic, it is because of you. You showed me what is so special here that I can find nowhere else. I feel so blessed to know you, and to be your friend. I am so thankful for having each and every one of you in my life.

No comments: