Friday, February 25, 2011

Some Set Backs

Day 38 - Not an easy day, on too many fronts. So I am sitting here thinking what can I write about. My daughter injured her knee 2 days ago and was still in a lot of pain today and her leg was very swollen. So we went to the ER in the hospital where I work. I knew it will cost me a lot of money if they decided it's not serious, but we tried yesterday the option of the military approved medical facility and the doctor there was really bad. So we went to the ER, and they did all the right tests, decided that there is definitely something there that merit further investigation by a sport medicine doctor. So she got few more days of rest and was invited to the clinic on Monday. So, the bad news are that if it will stay like that for few more days, she will be dropped from the course she is in right now, so she is heart broken, more bad news that if it is a serious injury we don't know what the rest of her service will look like. But in everything in life there is also a silver lining, a lesson to learn, something to be thankful for. First, they treated her nicely at the ER - very important after yesterday's bad experience, and secondly worst case scenario - it is a knee surgery, only a surgery. So it might change the course she was planning to take, but she is well and her life is not in danger, this is really something to be thankful for. We get lessons in letting go and to learn to accept whatever life dealt us, this is such a case.
But I am thankful I am here to be with her on this very difficult junction, that she didn't have to deal with that alone, while I am away. I am ever so thankful for my decision to move back and not leave her all alone here while in the military.

No comments: