Sunday, February 27, 2011

Working with Beads

Day 40 - Years ago in one of our moves, I found a beads shop and immediately fell in love with the art of making jewelry. At the beginning I even played with the idea of opening a beads store, but decided against it. Never the less, I cannot walk by a beads store and not walk inside, just to check what they have. I have a huge collection of beads and wires and findings (clasps, earring hooks, crimp beads etc.) and when I was planning to travel for a year and took only that famous suitcase, even that I had some tools and wires, beads and findings just so I will not be for too long without it. Plus, I figured I can sell some of my jewelry to make some money on the trip. As you already know, I did not travel and instead stayed here. I took out my jewelry making kit, but nothing interesting came out and so I put it aside now for almost half a year. Few days ago I walked by a bead store that I never seen before and so I went in. They had some interesting designs and as usual I bought some supplies. Yesterday was very windy and rainy and after coming back from the gym I didn't feel like going out anymore. I put on the heater, some good music and brought out the beads. And the muse just came back. I worked for a few hours almost without a stop. The ideas just kept flowing and I created more and more pieces. It was absolutely wonderful. After months of artist's block, I was in the groove again.
I am so thankful to be in touched with my artistic side again. After months of recharging my batteries, I am once again in the creative mode, it comes from a very good place. It made me so happy to wear today one of the pieces I made. I am thankful for being in touch with my inner self again.

No comments: