Monday, March 19, 2012

An Amazing Drive

Day 426 I decided that a stolen iPhone is no reason to ruin my day, but I do need a phone, I was about to go on the road and I feel it is not safe to go without a phone and also I have to be able to be reached in case of emergency. So I bought a new very simple phone and drove out of town towards the Korinthos (Corinth) Canal. I was lucky that a large ship was midway there so I didn’t have to wait. It’s an amazing sight. It almost fills the gap, this is probably the largest size ship that can go through the canal. I am sure that they build tem according to the spec o the canal, just as there are ‘Panama Canal’ size ships. After satisfying my interest, which required a wait of about 45 minutes for the next boat to cross, I started driving along the Korinthus strait towards a little town called Rio that came out of its anonymity about 8 years ago when the construction of the world longest suspended bridge ended and put Rio in the Guinness book of records and on the map. The drive was one of the most beautiful I ever did so it enjoyed it sooo much. the Greek version of blue water, which is just unbelievable, the green vegetation, the beautiful white houses with red rooftops; a drive out of a fairytale book. And the bridge at the end was just the cherry on top. I first saw it and it’s just – “O, my god” kind of a sight. I took many pictures from every angle and then I crossed it back to the mainland in my quest to find a hotel for the night. I found a beautiful one, right on the beach and with a bridge view. What else could I ask for. Just a good night sleep, now is all I still need for a perfect day.
  
I am thankful for my first excursion out of Athens and on my own, it makes me so happy, to do whatever I want, to live life at the moment with no plans, just grab the opportunities as they present themselves.  I am so thankful for one of the most beautiful rides I ever had. I am thankful for such a beautiful day.

No comments: