Saturday, March 31, 2012

An Art Fair

Day 438 – My daughter didn’t feel so well this weekend so we didn’t do much, a quiet day. And then in early afternoon I got a call from a friend that in a town not far from us there is a very nice, weekend long art fair; so we decided to go. It was lovely, even though we got the end tail of it, but we saw some nice things there. I keep thinking I should move to this little town because it’s so lovely and this show just made me want to do it even more. There is something fresh and lively and the feeling of small town I so miss here. I am at the core a country girl, I need a house and not an apartment, I need to have some land around, to plant trees and herbs and flowers. So I think I’ll start looking into this possibility as my lease here comes to an end.
After we were done with the festival we went to one of my best friends who lives there in the same town (this how I know for years how much I like the place) and we had a wonderful afternoon. I was so happy we decided to get out of the house and have some fun. You don’t get any sicker and it actually takes your mind off that.

I am thankful to my friend who called me and made me want to get out of the house. I am thankful for a lovely afternoon of roaming through galleries and stalls full of art and crafts; it is always fascinating to see how creative people can be. I am thankful for a wonderful afternoon I got to spend with my best friend and for a very long heart to heart talk we had. 

No comments: