Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thursday is Painting Class Day

Day 436 – As you already know this is my favorite day of the week; my painting class day. And I am getting more and more into that; by now I feel comfortable with it and the little moment of hesitation before I touch the white new canvas with my brush is getting significantly shorter. 
I saw a photo few days ago in one of my colleagues’ office. A beautiful photo of trees and sun rays that shine through them, a fleeting moment, almost magical captured for eternity. I asked her permission and took a picture of it and for a whole week I was looking at it feeling it and slowly developing the idea how to go about painting it. And today I started working on it; of course it is only the influence not dot to dot; I don’t like to just copy. I just needed the rough idea and the atmosphere and I think I captured that. I also have a much brighter picture and the color palate is different. But I enjoyed painting this picture so much and I even though it is not done yet, I am posting it here. I like it so much already.
And the rest of the story happens at home, every week another picture goes on my wall; this is such a wonderful feeling to be surrounded by my art work. My walls are slowly filling with my works. Paintings as well as photos I took on my trips. Now I have a few more I want to print. I find it very interesting that for years I felt I have an artist locked inside me but I was unable to get it out and now it’s just the opposite,  it's flowing, even bursting out - I take beautiful photos, I write poetry and prose and mostly I draw and now I paint as well and I love, love it so much! I love all those forms of expression, it’s what makes me whole.
 
I am thankful for one more painting class; it is not done yet but good enough to post right now; I’ll post it again upon its completion. I am thankful for the beautiful picture I saw that was the inspiration for this painting; I feel richer for seeing that. I am thankful I was able to capture the moment on canvas, that I was able to capture the celebration of life yet created some tranquility, a little magical, just like the original. I am thankful for this gift; I cannot get over this feeling of how lucky I am to have found the artist within me. I am thankful beyond words for the happiness this class brings to my life; for the happiness that the artist in me brings out.

No comments: