Thursday, March 22, 2012

Back at home

Day 429I am back home. After the most exciting week in a very long time, I am back to my life and my routine. But before I had to take care of some administrative stuff – like getting a new phone to replace my stolen one; and to get my car back from where it was parked for the past week. And mostly I got to spend some time with my daughter, and I talked to my son on the phone for a very long time; so we actually conferenced both of us girls from here (two separate locations) and him and his girlfriend (again two separate locations) a 4-ways call, and it was so much fun.. Amazing what technology can do. All good stuff and as much as I enjoyed the freedom and the carelessness of life on the road, it’s good to be back. This is where my real life takes place and I love it so much; I will combine both worlds, but I think grounding is really important and this is where mine comes from, my children and now my partner as well. So today I got to place a phone call from Greece this morning, and later was on a 4 ways call to two different states and later on the same evening I got to talk to my boyfriend on Skype from yet another country, another continent.  The tally for today – 4 countries, (5 states) 4 continents and few hours that electricity bombards our brains, but Thanks God for technology; I can’t even grasp life without it anymore. When my phone was stolen, I got a new one right away – I can’t even think of going on the road with one, it feels unsafe…
  
I am thankful to be back home, doing my best to get back with my life. I am thankful to my daughter who had so much patience with me and listened to all my excitement. I am thankful to be in my position to know who I am and not feel the need to show it, just to have it burning inside me. I am thankful I can go to sleep right now, as I am sooo tired.

No comments: