Thursday, March 8, 2012

A very Important Question

  Day 415 – The great thing about new love is that it takes your breath away. And my life kind of turned up-side down. But today I got back to my routine, at least long enough to write my morning pages. And after few days I was neglecting some of my daily activities, it feels good to be back. I was writing my morning pages, and a segment of conversation we had popped in my head. With all the wisdom I gained in so many years on this earth and one failed marriage, what are the things in a potential partner that are red light for me? This is a simple question and a very valid one. The interesting thing is that I didn’t have an answer ready, and I actually had to think – what are my red flags. I realize how important it is to put these thoughts into words, to make the connection between heart and mind. To make sure I will not make the same mistake twice, that I will know what to look for and what to avoid. Most things are walking with me for a long time, and I just put it to paper, but one is something I never looked at before and it might be the most crucial one. So now my list is updated and my heart can do the evaluation and see if he passed the test. So far he scored no red flags and so many good points. I pray it will stay this way, and deepen, that it’s real and can hold both of us in its palm. I hope I found my match.
   
I am thankful for the challenges he presented to me that forced me to think in a very different way. I am thankful I got to stretch my thinking muscles this way. I am thankful for the very important question I had to ponder today. I am thankful for the realization it brought with it, for all the good it will bring into my life. I am thankful for a day of routine, even if it means I am away from him today.

No comments: