Saturday, March 10, 2012

It's Spring Time

Day 417 – It was a beautiful Saturday with blue skies and bright sun in the green meadows of the valley. It is much easier to cross the muddy creeks with a SUV than with my little Mazda and you can get away from the croweds. I am getting more convinced it is a good thing to own one. But I did see today that even a 4X4 has its limits as we got stuck in a ditch and we needed a little extra pull from a local ranger truck to get out of that tight spot. We set by the creek for a long time enjoying the serenity of the place,  with a beautiful spring day, good wine, some food and the best of company, what more could I ask for? What a perfect day.
  
I am thankful for such a wonderful day in nature; most of my week I spend indoors so I love these hours outside. I am thankful I got to spend such a lovely day with the best of company, with this dear, dear man . I am thankful for happiness I did not expect to come my way, more than I thought possible.

No comments: