Monday, March 5, 2012

Buddhism Class

Day 412 – Monday is my tour guides class evening. And today we covered the subjects of Eastern Religions Hinduism and Buddhism. Not enough time by any standards. I don’t know why we got only one class, but this is our reality. I read a lot about Buddhism, and I am fascinated by it. But I know nothing about Hinduism. So now I know a little. I learned about the main gods, the icons associated with each one, so now I know how to recognize if this is Shiva or Vishnu and what is the meaning of each icon. I also learned the concept of panentheism vs. pantheism - in pantheism, God is the whole; however, in panentheism, the whole is in God. I like this idea. I also liked learning that even in this environment they each actually have one main god, an essence of god. We later covered Buddhism, a favorite subject of mine for such a long time and a reminder that I was too busy with life lately and abandoned the practice of mediation; of following the 5 principles of try to open my soul again to the changing nature of life, to my existence. I know few of my class mates were bored with the class, but I just loved it. I’ll pull out few books again soon. In short, I learned a lot but not enough. Now I have some research to do on the internet to give it a little more content.
  
I am thankful for a very interesting class. I am thankful I got in touch with the Buddhism again and I’ll try not to forget it again. I am thankful for yet another interesting Monday night.

No comments: