Friday, March 2, 2012

Taking a Walk on the Wild Side

Day 409 I took a walk on the wild side today. I met the guy  for coffee today and he was really nice. It’s the first time in I don’t know how long that I saw someone I never met before and immediately liked him, such a refreshing feeling. And so after two hours we decided to drive through one of the most beautiful preserves, right outside of our city. Not even 10 minutes away from all the hustle and bustle of a big city there is this area of sheer beauty, and this time a year and after so much rain everything is lush green and all the wild flowers are in bloom. And so we drove through this area for two hours, stopping every few hundred feet to look at flowers, and enjoy the view and the beauty that surrounded us. It was a very special morning. we found so much in common and it felt so natural and comfortable to be in the presence of each other. Early afternoon we had to part our ways and each return to his/her life but it was actually something difficult to do. I had such a good time, and I enjoyed his company so much. I feel like a teenager, texting all day long with few emails in-between; it feels nice, I have to admit. I wrote few days ago on my bucket list – to fall madly in love as one of my goals. I don’t know, I think this guy holds the potential for that, but also the potential to break my heart. But if I want to find love, I will have to risk getting hurt. So I am going to meet him again and who knows, maybe I did find my match.
  
I am thankful for a wonderful morning, nicer than I ever hoped for. I am thankful for a beautiful nature drive today, with all the beauty around me. I am thankful for this unfamiliar excitement.  I am thankful for being in this new and uncharted territory.

No comments: