Friday, March 30, 2012

Field Trip

Day 437 – we had a field trip today with my Tour Guides class. It was a whole day trip 7am to 7pm; we went to many different sites and each one of us was responsible for a 5 minutes of instruction in front of the class about the different places we visited or passed on the way. It was a very enjoyable day. Some of the places I never visited so I was very happy about that even if due to the time constrains I didn’t get to see much. at least I know where I want to go back. I also enjoyed it since you learn a lot more in a guided tour. I visited one of the places only few months ago when my son was here, but I didn’t know even quarter of the things I learn today, and it brings the visit to a new level. I can actually notice and enjoy things I didn’t even know were there. It was a great day weather wise, and when the forecast was for a rainy day it is even more appreciated. It would make for a very different experience had it rained.
  
I am thankful for a wonderful day of touring in my own country. I am thankful to be introduced to so many new places, to learn so many new things. I am thankful to my peers for a wonderful and very pleasant experience; I know many of them were very stressed about standing in front of a group and talk but it didn’t trickle down to their behavior during the trip. It was light, it was fun and we all really enjoyed each other’s company. I am thankful to our course leader who made sure we won’t miss a thing and gave us a perfect example of how to be a tour guide.

No comments: