Monday, March 26, 2012

The Truth About "An Inconvenient Truth"


Day 433 – It’s Monday, my Tour Guides class and we had a wonderful class today. We started our geology and geography section. And it was such a great class. I love geology and I thought I know the basic stuff but I learned a lot of new things and we had a wonderful teacher so now I actually understand the movement of the tectonic plates and the work of hot spots in a whole new way. Some find it boring, for me it’s fascinating and I set for four hours in rapt attention swallowing every bit of information. We learned about old oceans and new, about the direction it’s all going, about new oceans in formations and continents that are breaking; an ocean that is shrinking and an ocean that is expanding. We learned that all the green talk about “An Inconvenient Truth” is what I long argue but didn’t have the tools – a fancy deceit, and not true; that political and social powers are using it to drive their agenda. That we already experienced 3 ice ages in the past 100,000 years and a warmer period in between. That these ice ages were here on earth even with no industry and no cars so the CO2 emission of these sources cannot be blamed for that. I know this is something many people by now are taking as a simple truth and will strongly argue against what I am writing here, but I am very happy she said all that. it doesn’t mean we don’t have to keep our house clean and tidy up but we should do it for the right reasons, that it is our house and we want to keep it clean and pleasant. In short a very, very interesting and thought provoking class.
   
I am thankful for such an interesting class. I am thankful we had an instructor that dared to be provocative and different, that she did not hesitate to express her opinions. I am thankful I decided to take this course, so many gift are coming my way for that. 

No comments: