Friday, March 16, 2012

Day Two in Athens

Day 423I hit a new milestone today – I took almost 400 pictures in 6 hours and exhausted my camera’s battery!! I probably hit another one – the first tourist ever to be in Athens for two days and still didn’t visit the Acropolis. But this one happened unintentionally. I didn’t know they close all the archeological sites at 3pm. I woke up late this morning, and took my time going in that direction. I entered the meat and fish markets and took so many pictures there. I just wished I had a kitchen here so I could buy some of the seafood I saw there; so fresh and inviting. I have to find a good fish restaurant; you cannot visit Greece and not indulge on all the seafood. When I got to the Plaka district I walked the streets again and heard some nice Greek music so I entered the store and enjoyed an hour with two very nice guys who took their time and introduced me to all different Greek performers past and present. I ended buying 3 CD’s and they gave me the 4th for almost free. So I missed the Acropolis but I am sitting this evening in my hotel room listening to beautiful music. Their Alpha Beth is so different and I can’t read it, so I asked them to write it in English so I’ll be able to read it. Right now I listen to the beautiful voice and amazing bouzouki of Dimitrios Mitropanos and I just love it!! Today I still mostly roamed the streets of this beautiful city enjoying the tastes, sounds and smells of this very fascinating city. But tomorrow I will make it to the Acropolis. I promise.
  
I am thankful for a second day in this city. I am thankful for the complete happiness that this adventure brings into my heart. I feel like a drunk; I cannot get enough of the freedom, the unlimited opportunities. I feel like twirling my arms wide spread, the sun on my face and my eyes are closed – embracing with all my heart this so special adventure, I am so thankful for doing that, I feel so empowered, so blessed.   

No comments: