Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Spiritual Journey

Day 427I thought yesterday that I had the best drive ever. Little did I know what awaits me today. I left my hotel with it amazing view and drove towards Delphi, but as I drove through the village it became apparent that this is something right out of a fairytale book. It was so beautiful that I just had to stop at the center in a café overlooking the little harbor. It took me few minutes to decide that this is a journey of self-discovery, it is a spiritual journey and so the antiquities in Delphi are there for more than 2000 years, they will wait for me few more, because I will come back. but here and now I have this wonderful place  on the most perfect day with blue skies, and so warm and sunny and balmy air full of spring blossoms’ fragrances… so I scratched on the spot the Delphi part of my trip and stayed and extra hour in the café looking, taking pictures, reading and then I started my drive towards Meteora. Since I just “gained” two hours of the visit to Delphi, I could stop every few minutes and take pictures from this amazing drive. I will a hard time today deciding about one picture to post here, I already know that. in short I took my time and had the drive of my life – open windows good Greek music, very laud and I accompanied it at the top of my voice and the view… what a ride!!! What takes other people 4 hours took me 6, but I was in no hurry and I enjoyed every minute of that ride, and there was no one with me that I’ll drive nuts with the constant stops and the “O, my God”…
This is a journey I could not make with anyone else, just alone, and I am taking full advantage of it. It is a journey of finding who I am and what I am made of. I am spreading my wings wide, in the past few days, and soaring over everything; taking a new point of view, learning so many important things about myself, about my life, my abilities and limitations. About what I want and what I like. About who I really am. I had a vague idea that this is what I am up to, I didn’t know how it will work out. And it did, more that I even hoped for. And my heart is so full, it is about to burst.
  
I am thankful for an amazing day, for a drive of a lifetime that I can only hope will be surpassed one day. I am thankful for such an amazing week, for such an amazing time. I am thankful to the guy in the restaurant who agreed to sell me home made wine, just because I said it was so good. I am thankful to all the good people I met along the way, who made my trip so special. I am thankful that I finally managed to establish contact on Skype with the dearest man in my life, the day before last on my trip. I am thankful to be in Meteora tonight and ready to start my day at down to see the sun rise over these hanging churches.           

No comments: