Wednesday, March 16, 2011

An afternoon on the beach

Day 57 - I dropped my daughter at the bus station very early this morning so I also came to work very early. It was so nice. the roads were still very empty and the best parking lot, the one that on the grounds of the hospital still almost empty, so I was very happy about that. But the best thing is that I could leave early at the end of the day and so when she came back, we drove to the beach, about 5 minutes from work.It was a glorious day. the sun was nice and warm, the sky as blue as can be and even the sea was quite calm. We went to a restaurant on the beach, ordered some food and just set there watching the serene scene. Nothing much to report, just a nice afternoon on the beach. For so many things I missed exactly that - to sit on the beach and enjoy the sound of the softly breaking waves and feel the sand between my toes. So my toes were still covered - too cold to remove my shoes, but the humming of the water was priceless - just a perfect afternoon. 
I am so thankful to have eyes and ears and skin and heart to enjoy sucha great afternoon on the beach. I shed so many tears missing it, and I am so happy to be able to enjoy it again.

No comments: