Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Saturday trip

Day 67 - I joined a second hiking group and today I went on a trip with them. It is a much larger group and we traveled by bus and had a tour guide with us, so a very different style. The down side was that it was much more a sight seeing tour and not really hiking. But one of the members of the group told me about a third one that is really for serious hikers - they do up to 25 km in one day (about 18 miles). So I think I am going to join them as well and this way, I'll get all the variety. But I had a wonderful day today. We drove to the north part of the country and after so much rain during the week the streams were full of water and the fields covered with carpets of wild flowers. add to that a very sunny day, a wonderful group of people, and an amazing feast that they had for lunch and you have an absolutely gorgeous day. I used to come and visit during the summer when my kids were out of school, but this is the driest season and the hottest as well. So we could never do much hiking and I didn't see all the green and the flowers and flowing streams in many years, some of the places I've never seen before so it was a really day. And, as usual, I got to meet few more very nice people, I learned that they are also organizing parties once a month, so I am all set. We came very late, and I already uploaded all my pictures to Facebook, so now I can take a shower and go to bed.
I am so thankful for this wonderful day. I am so thankful to the people of my country, who love it so much and make it a habit to travel and see everything. I lived elsewhere for 22 years and I never seen such passion for travel one own country as I see it here. I am so thankful for that, it bodes well with me and it gives me an opportunity to meet so many like minded people.

No comments: