Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lentil Soup

Day 47 - My first thought was to write about my daughter's surgery and how well it went and how after 10 days of pain she was able to walk out of the hospital on her own two feet, with very little pain and no cruches and I sure am thankful for that. But she got the hang of my blog by now, and is challenging me - "no mom this is the obvious, write something better".
So what can I write about? We came back home after having lunch with her dad and grandmother, which was very nice and I am thankful for that. It is not a given it will go well, everything is still so fresh and I was very happy that we could have a nice lunch and later he came to see her one more time before his flight so we also had a nice coffee, and I dare brag about my wonderful cheese cake as well (which I am very thankful for that, but on another day). I can be thankful that the rain came only in the evening when we were already at home watching movies and not when we left the hospital.
But I decided to dedicate my entry today to something very simple. Few months ago we ordered lentil soup in a restaurant and it was very good, so I decided to make it at home, and it was a real success. So I started making it almost on a weekly basis. As is often the case I keep playing with recipes and improving them, by now it's really a great lentil soup. We went to the same restaurant few weeks and ordered their lentil soup again and mine is so much better by now!! And today, especially for my daughter it was my hands-down best ever.
So, I am very thankful for a mean lentil soup that will make everything feels so much better, especially on a cold and rainy night and on the day of her surgery :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're amazing. i love you mommy. ♥