Saturday, March 5, 2011

My New Hiking Group

Day 46 - My landlord was trying to convince me since the day I moved here to join his hiking group. For some reason I always politely declined it. Yesterday he saw me, just as I was about to leave for my hike on the beach and invited me once again. Initially I said no and than I said I'll think about it. The trip sounded really interesting and he really knows the country well, which I don't, so during our hike I asked my friend if she wants to join me tomorrow for this hike and she said yes. This morning at 8 am we left our city driving to the north part of the country. The day was perfect, and the area absolutely amazing, especially this time a year when every wild flower is in bloom. (the picture here is a real one I took of the carpets of flowers we saw everywhere). An added bonus was that I really liked the people in the group. We connected right away and I did not feel even for one minute as if we are the outsiders and they are the group. It was such a wonderful day. If I was not in the mind set that everything is good and for a reason I would be sad for all these many trips I missed and for not meeting them earlier, but we have many more weekends to enjoy, so why bother. In one of the streams we crossed, I skidded and found myself in the cold water, but even that could not take away from the joy. It took a few hours and I was dry again and luckily my camera did not get wet. On our way back, my friend asked how many things today made us happy - too many to count!
I am thankful for this beautiful country. I am thankful for a great hike. I am thankful for an amazing weather. I am thankful for this group of wonderful people I met today. ANd I am very thankful my camera did not get wet!! But most of all I am thankful that after saying so many times NO I finally decided to give it a try and as is usually the case - by stretching my boundaries just a little I got so much back in return.

No comments: