Thursday, March 10, 2011

A good Night Sleep

Day 51 - I am a night owl. It sounds so cool and everything but the truth is that I just can't go to sleep early. For some reason I rarely go to bed before 1 am, too many times 2 am. This fact by it self is only half the story. the other half is that I wake-up at 6am even earlier which gives me on average about 4.5 hours of sleep per night. I can function on that but I know it is not the right thing to do. I don't work on Fridays and so Thursday night, after 5 nights of very little sleep I go to bed late as usual but I do not have to wake up early. Many times I sleep until 10 am - a good 8 hours of sleep. The best one of the week, since it comes after a week of sleep deprivation. And tonight is the night. It is Thursday night and I am about to go to sleep. It is my favorite sleep of the week!
I am thankful it is Thursday today and I am thankful for the sleep I will soon enjoy. I am thankful for the luxury of waking up when I am not tired anymore and not because it is time to wake up, not to the sound of the alarm clock. I am so thankful for that.

No comments: