Friday, March 18, 2011

Purim in the city

Day 59 - It's a holiday called Purim here today, very much like Halloween but not so much about scary and gore, and not all the dark side of it. We drove throught the biggest city in the country and it was so wonderful to see everywhere parents with their kids all dressed up in cute costumes and a lot of adults walking around in costumes. And the costumes were so nice, event the adults were very chill or cute, or just pretty. I loved it!! You never see adults in costumes just walking the streets in Halloween. The day was warm and sunny and balmy - a perfect day to have fun. And there were street fairs in different corners of the city, and there are big parades, all during the day. It is not a holiday of darkness and evil, it's a very happy holiday. I totally forgot how cute this holiday is and how much adults get into it , the parties that are going on. I forgot so I was not ready - no costume no nothing and on my way to my parents' town 3 hours away. But next year I will know what to expect and what to do :)
I am so thankful to be back here and get to see all these wonderful things that are part of my growing up and I am now reconnecting with it all. I am so thankful to be here and live it all.

No comments: