Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Sacred Circle

Day 68 - Today was the last of our meetings in my women circle. We all felt that we don't want to continue, each for her own reasons. But if the past 3 months we grew to know and like each other. We were there to hear difficult personal stories and we lended a shoulder or gave a hug, all in a very supportive environment. It's a little sad that it is over, although I was so determined not to go on with it. interesting. for our last meeting we did a guided meditation and then we each drew a mandala (a sacred circle) and had to ask the mandala a question and get her answer. It left me with my mouth open. I never did a mandala before and of course I am skeptic of all these powers but it literally had a revelation. The funny thing is that our instructor felt the same about my mandala - the drawing as well as our Q&A - that I just hit the spot. It's very interesting, I can do all this work of soul search and all and the steps are so small, I am feeling lately that things are getting a little stagnant and I don't like it, but than I had this moment of clarity and it puts everything into focus, into perspective. I felt so good coming out of this last meeting, it was a gift.
I am so happy for being part of this circle for a while, for my friends who trusted me enough and made me feel so secure and enable me to grow to where I am today. I know I will continue, and I know I will do it again at some point, it is such a special thing to be part of this ancient women power, to connect, even if only for a few moments to The Source. I am so thankful for this big finale - the mandala and its gifts.

No comments: