Friday, March 25, 2011

TGIF

Day 66 - Friday is such a wonderful day. No obligations, and no alarm clock - hands down the best. So I woke up late and stayed even longer in bed. By the time I got out it was already late afternoon, and I had to go and do some shopping for food since everything closes at 3pm until Saturday night. I was planning to go to the movie, but the weather was so beautiful and the last few days very rainy, so I drove instead to the beach and stayed there until sunset. It was so beautiful! hot red sun and not even one cloud, just a perfect sunset. The days are mostly so nice by now, the air is fragrant with all the blossom, and today it was also nice and warm, we are indeed in spring already. I love this season. It's very short here, one day it's winter and the next it will get very hot, but this in between time is wonderful. Everything is green and flowers are everywhere, and even the light has special quality. It will become tired and muggy later, but for this short spring, everything is live and fresh and full of excitement, full of promise.
And I am so thankful I am here everyday to bear witness to that, I am thankful that I have the opportunity, after so many years to see it again, to enjoy it to the fullest. I am so thankful for a very pleasant Friday that I got to enjoy, when I say TGIF I actually mean it.

No comments: