Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Injury

Day 42 - My youngest daughter had a bad fall during her military training and today we saw a sport medicine doctor who informed us that this is a meniscus tear and her knee is partially locked, which explains the pain and limited motion, and she is scheduled to go into surgery on Sunday morning. This is some serious stuff on too many fronts. She came here especially to go into the army and do this dream job, and now, two months later  she is injured and has to drop-off;  she is going into surgery on Sunday; and most of all this is one more set back that happens in too short of a time and it is very difficult for her. She is still dealing with the very short hair, a reminder of her hair dye fiasco and here she is again having to deal with one more disappointment, one more way that her world is spinning out of control. At least one good thing came out of that experience, she can be as disappointed as she is and can still say that well, at least it is not life threatening, that she will be OK in a few days. I was suppose to fly to see my son and older daughter this coming Thursday, yes in two days.
I am so thankful all this didn't happened while I was there. I am sad that I cannot fly right now, that it will take a few weeks before I can go there, but at least I am here and she is not left alone to deal with that. And again, I am so thankful I decided to stay here and not go back to where I came from, or travel the world.

No comments: