Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Buying Presents for the Holiday

Day 85 - I went looking for presents today for my little nieces for the coming holiday. I found some really cute things for them and then there was this great salesman who was doing a demo of a vegetable cutter. He was so good and entertaining and his products look so helpful that I decided to buy one for my mom and one for me. On my way home I stopped at our local produce shop and bought vegetables for soup and as soon as I got home I set a large pot on the stove with enough water and started to fill it with cut veggies. in a few minutes all was peeled and chopped and in the pot, ready to become soup. It was so much fun, in few short minutes I did a job that usually takes much, much longer. and for someone who makes at least two large soups per week this is a real time saver, and a fun toy. Tomorrow I'll check about cutting salads. If it works as well than I have a real winner. I know some people will consider a machine cut vegetable to be inferior to the hand cut ones, but for my needs this is perfect.
I am thankful for something so silly like a veggie cutter, but what I am really thankful for is to be able to just roam around looking for presents and buy something just because I felt like it. I am thankful for the buzz of holiday all around me, something I didn't experience for years. and I am thankful for the fun afternoon we had at home, in my little kitchen, just my daughter and I. and lets not forget, I am very thankful for a very good soup we have tonight.  Yummy!!

No comments: