Monday, April 25, 2011

Getting Sunburn in April

Day 97 - Today is the last day of the holiday and so I didn't work. It was a beautiful day with almost no clouds and very warm and so we went to the beach. We bought some salads and some bread and we had a little picnic. We bought some coolers as well, but forgot the bottle opener so we could not drink it, but we'll do it next time. We drove a little outside of the city and we found a secluded beach with very few people there. We stayed there for a few hours and we got sunburned!! It was such a lovely day. A little too windy to go into the water but warm enough to be on the beach. It is very interesting that here a secluded beach is something we are so happy to go to, where as were we came from if it's too deserted I would be afraid to go. We had a little discussion about it People look at this country as very dangerous and when we moved here everyone asked us if we are not afraid. But what we realized is that the security issue on the political level is very real and there is really nothing we can do about it, but on the personal level we feel so much safer here. I can walk alone past midnight and not be afraid something I could never do there,even though we lived in a very affluent neighborhood. So again, one more reason to be happy we are here. And the beach, my number one favorite here - going to the beach and enjoy the sea. I can do it everyday and not get tired of it. I missed it there more than I realized.
I am thankful for living in this beautiful city by the bay just a few minutes from these amazing beaches, and I can come here as often as I want. I am thankful for a wonderful day of fun. I am thankful for getting sunburn in April. Most other places are just getting out of their winter white blankets of snow. I am so thankful to live here and enjoy it all.

No comments: