Friday, April 22, 2011

Running Again

Day 94 - It's Friday night and I am home alone, not the picture you might have of the new divorcee. I went to the gym and had a good workout session. I am trying to get back to running, so I am trying to add minutes to my routine and today, for the first time I managed to run 4-1 (4 minutes running and 1 minute walking). I did a total of 32 minutes so I am very happy about that. I have to admit that it is kid of difficult to go down stairs, but I hope all will be fine by tomorrow. If this will be the case than I am on to something good. in two weeks I'll be able to run for 1 hour, and it means that I can start training for a new marathon. I have to check if they have a training group like "team in training" and if not I have to start one. I really want to do another marathon and do it better, not necessarily in speed, but in shape. Last time I made it only because my will power was stronger than my exahustion, I was a little sick and I didn't eat right before the race. So i want to run another event and to do it right. I twill be my last one, but I really want to have another go at it. so I will start going to the gym at least twice a week for running and I'll see how my knees are holding up. But no matter what, even if I cannot run a marathon I sure will do some more sporting events here, now that I am back.
It is not a given that a 53 years old woman can run a marathon and I am very thankful that I might be able to do just that. I am so thankful I am getting back in shape. I am even more thankful that my body is holding up. And I am most thankful that I can dream big and than start working towards making that goal a reality.

No comments: