Friday, April 15, 2011

An Outdoors Concert

Day 87 - The weather is getting nicer by the day. It was really warm today and the sea was very calm, almost like a mirror, only few ripples here and there - amazing. I was not ready for that and I came without a bathing suite, so I had to watch people going in, but next week I am going to be one of them. As I was sitting there, enjoying the lovely weather I talked on the phone with a friend who told me that a near by outdoor concerts venue will have their first event of the season tonight. So of course I decided to go and see for myself how nice the place is. It is a small grove of Eucalyptus trees and the setting is very nice no sitting on the grass (there is none) but sitting around tables and at the back there is also a bar. I have to admit that as warm as the days are as the sun sets it gets colder and today was no exception, so by 9:30 pm when the performance started it was very cold. but I came prepared - 3 layers warm shirt, a sweatshirt and a fleece and just to be safe I also brought a small fleece blanket. The groups that performed did covers for the Beatles song and at some point half of the audience stood up and started dancing (me included). We sang and dance and it was SO much fun!! and of course as i danced i was feeling warmer and stated to peel-off the layers. so an added benefit right there.
I am thankful for a lovely evening of songs and dances. I am thankful that I was smart enough to jump on the idea right away. I am thankful that in the middle of March it is warm enough that we can spend an evening outdoors and be comfortable, after a few dances. I am also thankful for a meeting on the beach a very dear friend of mine and his very sweet daughter .I did not write about that but I was very happy to meet them and I am thankful for that chance meeting.  

No comments: