Thursday, April 14, 2011

Emails Challenge

Day 86 - I am reading a book that encourages me to go beyond my comfort zone. I talk about it a lot but it pushed me in a different direction. One of the challenges was to try to contact by email few people I am not comfortable contacting and get them to answer. and to try to reach as far out as possible. So I did it yesterday, at least I gave it my first real shot. so these two individuals are not completely out, but it was way out of my comfort zone and I was delaying these emails for a few days, since I was so uncomfortable writing them. But I did. not because of the challenge but instead I told myself that I have nothing to lose  and everything to win. If I don't try than the answer is no anyway (or the action is) but if I try I might be surprised. I wrote a very nice mail to each one of them and very different ones of course since the idea is to get them to answer, so it has to be thoughtful and promoting a response. This morning when I opened my mail I found out that both of them answered and in a much nicer way than I hoped for. So now I know, if I don't ask I cannot get a positive answer. And for that to happen I have to learn to ask and to accept the fact that I will get some rejections and some failures. but this is part of the deal, and if I won't try I will never get a positive answer, and more importantly, I will not learn to deal with uncomfortable situations, and this is really what I am here to learn. In order to get outside of my comfort zone, I have to learn to deal with set back, and then get up and try again. I am learning to go through that, I am slowly getting better at it. and I am so thankful for that.
I am thankful for this challenge and I will keep practicing it. I am thankful, as always, for any opportunity to grow. I have some crazy challenges I am thinking of - all in due time. I am so thankful to have started on this road. I am thankful for where it is taking me.

No comments: