Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Little Flame

Day 78 - I read today about late bloomers entrepreneurs and found that many people that founded very successful businesses didn't start until late into their 50's or 60's and a bunch even started past their 90's. It made me very happy to read it. when I decided to start anew at my age I thought it is something so crazy, and here people were optimistic enough to embark on much more difficult road, a road that even much younger folks find it very challenging and tolling. How optimistic they have to be to still keep a fire in them, a fire strong enough to overcome inertia of old age and just go after their dreams. I think it is so beautiful and I hope I"ll be able to keep the flame in my soul burning until the day I die. there is nothing better one can wish for than being fully alive all the way to the end. So I am not sure I want to start a business when I am in my 90's but I have other dreams I hope I'll still pursue, like travel to different places and do crazy stuff. but to keep our heart open and our dreams going is something we have to do all the days of our life, today, tomorrow, everyday, and not delay it. As much as it is cool to start so late, it can be so much nicer to start earlier. I wrote about it few days ago, about living life everyday and not delay it, live the moment. So I think it is true here as well, I will try to open my mind to the opportunities that life presents me and act on them.
I am thankful for being young enough at heart to feel as if everything is still open for me, that everything is so promising. I am so thankful that my life feels like such an exciting journey.

No comments: