Friday, April 29, 2011

It's Only The Beginning

Day 100 – As I reach this big milestone, I am posting this entry late. I was on my way and could not login until now. I going back to the place I called home for the past 14 years, to the country I called home for the past 22 years. It is with very mixed feelings. Now that the euphoria is gone, it is life in my homeland, not as much of an adventure as it was when I just arrived. So I can look at it in a little more of an objective way now and weigh it for what it is. How can I sum-up the past 9 months? It was an amazing journey. I almost forgot the hurt and confused woman I was than. I just found a journal entry from the early days – I can’t believe it is me. I still have my struggles and I am lonely sometimes, but what a difference 9 months made. I am strong now and stand on my own two feet; I look at the future not for salvation but as endless possibilities waiting to be explored. I make my own decisions and I have to report to no one. I am free to make mistakes and learn from them instead of feeling guilty for doing them. I love that freedom. I love how much I changed and I love the fact that it is still only the beginning. And I also know that I can be that person wherever I choose to live. So the world is open and calling me and at some point, after my youngest daughter will be done with her military service, I might act on that call and make my long over-due "around the world in a year or two" trip.
I am thankful for this amazing journey. I am thankful for this opportunity to grow. I am so very thankful that I found the courage to unfold my wings and take a flight, to soar to the skies.

No comments: