Thursday, April 7, 2011

Our Soldiers

Day 79 - This morning, on my way to work, as my bus descended the mountain overlooking the bay, I saw a navy vessel sailing back into the harbor after a night of patrolling at sea. It suddenly dawned on me that while I sleep well at night, every night,  there are young men and women all over our borders that stay awake and in patrols to make sure this fragile peace will continue. I know that, of course, this is the reality of our life here, but for some reason it was suddenly an understanding on a whole new level. And I felt so grateful to them all. We can lead our daily life, unfazed by any danger, thanks to these young men and women who are serving in the army. who are protecting us day and night.
I am so thankful to each and every one of them, for the selfless work they do in harsh conditions to make sure our country won't cease to exist. I pray for the safety of each and everyone of them.

No comments: