Friday, April 1, 2011

Running With Wolves

Day 73 - Friday again, my favorite day of the week. I did not have an alarm clock but still woke up at 7:30am and considering the fact that they moved the clock to day light saving it was actually 6:30 - my everyday waking up time. But today is Friday so I could stay in bed and just enjoy it, drift in and out of sleep for another hour and a half and only then actually get up. It set the tone for a very peaceful and relaxing day. I met a friend for coffee after a long time we didn't see each other so it was really nice, we had a serious talk about creating our "Bucket List" and I am going to get back to that task - I'll talk about it another day. I also bought a great book - "Women Who Run With The Wolves" by Clarissa Pinkola Estes. I have it in one of my un-opened boxes, but today I felt like I have to start reading it and get more in touch with the "wild woman" in me, and so I just bough another copy of it. I feel like I am a little stuck again and I need some push in my explorations and this is why I remembered the book. I think it is going to be a true companion of the next few weeks and I will probably have few entries pondering about some of the issues it raises. Even just the thought makes me very happy. It is way too easy to fall into routine and live on the surface, going from one task to the next and basically avoiding life. The real livelihood had enormous depth and if I every want to really tap into my full potential or even get close to it, I cannot just sit pretty. I have to do the work. I am still hoping to get in touch with the artist in me, with the archaic powers buried deep inside me. It is time to take action and start bringing it up to the surface. So I am starting again on a journey - a very special present and I am so looking forward to what it will bring with it.

I am thankful for this opportunity I gave myself to do some more growing up. I am thankful to this woman, long time ago who brought this book to my attention, and I am so looking forward to the days ahead, to the discoveries they will bring with them.I am thankful for this opportunity to run with wolves, I think I am ready for it now.

No comments: