Saturday, February 18, 2012

Another Year Passed

Day 396 It is my birthday today. I had few hours in the morning to work on my project and I made some good progress. I still have about 2 hours worth of work - to finish the summary about the Khmer Rouge and their reign of terror over Cambodia. But I am almost done. I also spent some quality time with my daughter and had a great time. We went for a very long brunch, and later took our dog for a long walk and in between where at home. It doesn’t sound like much but it was all I wanted to do in such a cold and windy day. Just to be with her and talk. I also talked to my older daughter and my son; what else can I ask for. When we are little birthdays sound like such an important and special day. As I get older, all I want is time with my beloved ones. So for me this is a most wonderful day and I am very thankful for that.
  
I am thankful for another year I got to spend on this planet; I sure don’t take it for granted. We never know how many years we have in our bag so I am thankful for every one that I have.  I am thankful for a full year I spent here in my beloved country. I am thankful I could spend some time with my daughter; that I got to talk to my kids and my parents and some friends. I am thankful that it was a cold and windy and rainy day and we got to be nice warm and cozy at home.

No comments: