Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Love Song

Day 406 I take a class of creative writing for the past few months and I really like it. I learn to listen to different styles of writing and to find beauty in places I would otherwise just dismiss. It is very interesting and definitely forces me to stretch my writing and critique muscles, all very positive things. Our teacher brings subjects for discussions and gives us writing assignments in directions I would never choose on my own, but later I find myself incorporating these new things into other things I write so it expands my writing ability and my horizon. Our last writing assignment is very interesting. We read two pages from a beautiful book by David Grossman, describing a massage. It is not as easy as it might sounds to write two pages about massage. And the interesting thing is that few of our group members felt uncomfortable – it was too physical for them, too descriptive on the verge of erotic as far as they were concerned and to top it off our assignment was to write a description of a massage in as many words as we can. I decided to take the challenge and wrote a very beautiful piece about touching the body of a beloved man, an amazing love song, to the caressing notes of a piano. I think it was the most difficult pieces I ever wrote, but also one of the most beautiful ones, if not the best; pure lyrics. I also know it is way too personal to ever read it in a forum; I cannot put my love for display, or the feelings of my beloved. But never the less I feel so happy for being able to put very strong feelings into words, to be able to write a love song where it is so easy to slip to something different, to keep it soft and caressing, to keep it in the realm of magical love, bigger than life.
  
I am thankful for this assignment that pushed me to write something I would never otherwise attempt.  I am thankful to the Great Creator for guiding me in this minefield to write a most powerful piece. I am thankful that the writing gave me an opportunity to live these magic moments one more time. I am thankful to the man who is the subject of this piece for all his love, even if he also broke my heart. I am thankful for the stirring this lyrical piece brought.

No comments: