Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Perfect Saturday

Day 389 – This weekend was supposed to be time for me to catch up on my Cambodia project. Instead I did many other things but didn’t even touch it. I am going to have a very busy week. I did write my creative writing assignment, so at least this is off my plate. I am not worried about not finishing my project; I am just not that kind of gal. I might not sleep for two nights, but I will finish it on time. And next Friday there is a dance party again and I really want to go, so I better get serious this week, during the week. I don’t have any more time to waste. So I woke up late today to an amazing day; blue skies, sunny and very warm. I took my dog to the park and let her run around but later I decided that on such a beautiful day we should be outside. So we went for a long walk – an hour and a half all the way from my house that is on top of Mount Carmel to the beach. It is the first time I am taking this hike and it was so much fun. We stayed on the beach until sunset and I took some great pictures of that, but then it became very cold and I was not ready for that, so I decided to take a cab back home and not climb it up. But it was overall a wonderful day – the sun and the hike and at the evening I went with friends from work to a bar, and of course, my daughter, who is here. I could not ask for a better day.
  
I am thankful for such a wonderful day, for the blossoms of spring, for the warmth and the green and the promise of spring in the air. I am thankful for a great hike, I am thankful or going out with my friends; for being reminded that I can have fun and go to a bar even if I don’t have a man in my life. I am thankful for a most beautiful sunset; I didn’t take a picture of any in quite some time.   

No comments: