Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Flooding

Day 407There was a huge storm today; very strong winds and so much rain. When I left work in the afternoon, the street was strewn with broken umbrellas. Luckily, when I left it wasn’t raining otherwise my umbrella would have joined the crowd. But I made it safely to the parking lot and later to my apartment. But the surprise was waiting for me inside. I had a h u g e puddle in the middle of my living room. It took me about 20 minutes to drain it. And I just found out that the phone number of my landlord is one of the lost numbers on my phone. So now I have to find his number and make sure he will take care of that. Our country has some very wonderful things but building houses has some serious room for improvement, almost everyone I know has a story about flooding in their apartment; never heard of such a thing in until I came here.  – an addition to the original post I wrote: I ran a search to find a good picture and it made me realize that it’s not that bad I saw pictures of houses actually flooded with a foot or more of water, so I guess it is really not that bad. Even the canoe is not something I can use in my living room, I just liked this woman’s sense of humor.  
 
I am thankful I have no rugs in my apartment and so no real damage was caused by the flooding. I am thankful that in a night like tonight I can come home lock my doors, turn on the heater and enjoy a cozy evening with my computer, and a bowl of lentil soup. I am thankful I came take a very hot shower and go to sleep in my warm bed; a real treat on such a cold and stormy night. And after I ran the search and saw real flooding, I am very thankful mine would not even earn a “worth mentioning” place. I am sooo thankful I never had a real flooding like some of the pictures I just saw.


No comments: