Sunday, February 26, 2012

Painting Continues...

Day 404 I missed my drawing class on Thursday and so I went today instead. And I am almost done with my picture. I would call it done but my teacher said he’ll sow me on Thursday how to continue. since I am the very beginner student and he is the very experienced teacher, I’ll accept his judgment and bring it back for an improvement session. So I will post the picture here as it is today and will repost it for the third time when done so we can all be the judges ( BTW - this is the development of the picture from day 395).
I have to admit I really like this new medium of painting with brushes and colors. I like these abstract subjects of just feelings and colors and shapes. I am not planning to have this as my only way of drawing but I sure enjoy it. When I’ll feel a little more comfortable I will attempt a woman figure. But it’s too early; I have so much to learn. It’s funny, I was hesitating for so long about colors and I fell madly in love with this new medium. You have to try new things all the time, I guess. I did and I sure don’t regret it.
 
I am thankful for a wonderful evening of paintings. I am thankful for the peace it brings me and for the passion it gets out. I am thankful for the gift of painting in my life. I am thankful for every lesson, I love it so much it becomes one of the issues to consider when looking for an apartment. I cannot be too far away, because I am not planning to give it up.    

By the way, another thing that was very interesting for me yesterday is that my parents have a picture done by my teacher!! What are the odds?! And I’ve seen it so many times and never realized it was his picture.  
 

No comments: