Sunday, February 19, 2012

Done with Stage One

Day 397 I am so happy to report that stage one of my Cambodia project is done. I did not appreciate how much work it was, but I am very glad I did it. There is so much to learn, so much to add. It is never really done. But I teach myself to be kind and learn when to put a stop to something, when to call it a day. I worked on it for very long hours and I did an honest work and this is good enough. I called it a day and actually a stopping point. The rest of it will be expended for the final project. But since this is the case and since there is so much I want to write and do some more research, I decided that I will keep working on the project one day a week from now on, until I have to submit it. It will give me an opportunity to expend just about anything. Food dance, folklore; cities, countryside and jungles; archeological sites, you name it. So this week I will take one more day just to start stage two and I’ll do it from now on. I have to admit I knew very little about Cambodia when I started the project. I saw pictures of the Angkor Wat complex and that was the reason I decided to choose the country, but this is about all that I knew. And the killing fields of course, but even that not in depth. And a month later I feel like I already know so much and I am excited to learn so much more.
  
I am thankful for the opportunity to expand my knowledge in this direction. I am thankful for all what I have learned. I am thankful I am done with this stage of the project and I am especially thankful for a good night sleep. It’s been a very long week and I am thankful it had come to the end. I am thankful to my daughter who was so patient with me and my very long hours on the computer, searching and writing away. I am thankful I am going to sleep right now.

No comments: