Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I Hit Another Milestone

Day 400 (actually, day 399)  this is another milestone. It’s been 400 days since I started this blog, a long period, indeed. So much have changed in my life since I started, so much I have changed during this period. Originally I set out to write for a thousand nights, but when Gilad Shalit was released from his captivity after 1942 days as a POW I decided my blog will be that long – 1942 days; just so I’ll be able to understand how long is this period, how much of his life he missed. So according to this countdown I am just a touch over 20% - it really was a very long time, especially when confined to a tiny room with no sunlight and no human company, and a very uncertain future, let along the well know “hospitality” of these groups to their POWs. I cannot even imagine how hard and hopeless at times his life had been.
Today I did go to the gym after work and I am so happy about that. my knee is infinitely better. I’ll try to stick now to a three days gym routine. It will be good for me and especially for my knee. Part of my Birthday gifts to myself is taking better care of my health and gym is part of that, and eating well, and adequate sleep.
So I went to the gym - check
I ate a minestrone soup I made today – check
I am going right now to sleep; a little later than I want to see it, but I’ll just wake up at 6:30 or even 7 for a 7 hours night sleep – perfect.
If I’ll be able to keep this routine it will be great.
 
I am thankful I hit today such an important milestone. I am thankful for my health, my good physical condition, my good mental condition; I am thankful for that and I am thankful I can still take the right steps to preserve this status for as long as possible. Life is unpredictable, but I have to do my part. I am thankful for another good night sleep in a cozy bed, in a warm house, clean and clothed with a full belly; what else can a person ask for. I am so thankful I had the time to go to the gym today. I’ll try to go tomorrow as well.

Comment: I just found out that I made a mistake on counting the days and this is actually day 399. so the milestone is in fact the next day, but I and not going to change this entry - so I'm just making a comment and I'll fix the days' numbers.

No comments: