Monday, February 13, 2012

Tour Guide Day

Day 391 Its Monday so I have my Tour Guide’s class. Today was the second lecture about art. Now I know how to distinguish between a byzantine church, a Romanesque church and a Gothic one. We also talked about the art during the dark ages and we learned the rational and philosophy behind it. I find it fascinating to learn all these things, all these terms I knew and used without really understanding and I am happy I understand a little more now. I came home, took my dog for a walk and got back to my Cambodia report. I had all intentions to be in my bed by 23:00 but it is now more like 1:50 the next day and I just realized I was working on it for the past 3 hours without paying attention to time. This is going to be another very short night, but some serious progress on my report. I just finished the economical Introduction to the country. I am posting a picture of a Bamboo Train - a local invention out of necessity and the bad, almost nonexistent, rail system. I am very happy about the progress I made today, not so much about the fact I lost sight of time again. I will sleep a little late today, but I have to hurry up. The clock is still ticking…
 
I am very thankful for a very informative and eye opening class today. I am thankful I made a giant leap today in my report. I am thankful I finally noticed the time and I am going to sleep right away. I am thankful for a very interesting day.

No comments: