Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cambodia's Geography

Day 385 We have a big event in our hospital tomorrow, and we were working very diligently to finish all the last minutes details. I arrived home late and very tired’ but after taking my dog for a walk and then came back here and for the past few hours I am doing the research and writing about the geography of Cambodia and the special phenomena of the Tonle Sap river, that during the monsoons flow backwards, into the lake and floods the plains around it and creates one of the most fertile areas for fish and the main source of protein for the people of Cambodia. I read about the mighty Mekong River that flows down from Laos, and China. Dams along the river have huge impact on Cambodia water supply as well as food thus, a real concern. I am almost done with this part but I am so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. I am going to sleep early, right now so I will be able to be fully alert tomorrow for our event. I don’t remember the last time I have been to bed before 10:15 pm, tonight I am doing just that.
   
I am thankful to learn so many interesting things about a country I knew nothing about only two weeks ago. I am thankful for the special gift I give myself – the gift of going to sleep early; I sure need that gift, I am so tired all the time, it’s not even funny.

No comments: