Monday, February 27, 2012

My Little Dog

Day 405 I left my dog with my parents this week. I came to the realization that I might enjoy the fact that I have a dog when I come home at night, but it is not the right life for her. I am away for long hours and she is locked all by herself all the time. my parents are retired so she has company all day long and my sister’s kids live very close and they visit her and play with her so she is much happier there. But I have to admit it is sad to come to an empty house and to not have this silly one jumping like crazy up and down greeting me. It is a little selfish to be sad when I know it is so much better for her to be there. But now I am really all alone. I guess the one thing that made me come home in a normal hour is gone. Today I already went with friends from my Tour directors’ class to a restaurant after school, since I did not have to worry about my little dog. So I get to enjoy some more freedom, but I really miss her right now.
  
I am thankful I found a better place for my beloved dog. I am very thankful to my parents for taking her in. I am sure it is not something they wanted to do at their age, but they felt sorry for my dog and I am so thankful for that. I am thankful to be sad tonight; it means I care about her so much.

No comments: