Thursday, February 23, 2012

Revisiting My Bucket List

Day 401 – One of the guys in my creative writing class brought a list of “things you want to do” – a bucket list. I saw that movie with my daughter when it came out and we both really liked the idea. We spend the next few hours after that constructing our lists and discussing some of our “to do” things. It became a dynamic list, and as I fulfill some of my wishes (I don’t cross them out but rather highlight them when done!! – a big difference in the way of thinking) I add few more. So for me this exercise today was not too difficult. In no time I had a list of 24. Some of our friends could not find more then 4. And I found it interesting, that even when I choose a very physical goal, like climbing Kilimanjaro, it has a very meditative and spiritual part to it. As I get older I put more emphasis on that side of life. I really like that workout, it makes me search my soul and see what is important for me at this junction or the next. It gives me a frame by which to live my life. So if tomorrow I will not be able to do anything I at least will know I lived my dreams, every day or as much as I could.
So some of the things on my list:
To live life of no regret
To live the world a little better because I was here
To make amends to everyone in my life
To learn how to die well so I can live well
To write at least one book
To laugh till I cry
To fall madly in love
To photograph a 1000 sunsets
To climb mt. Kilimanjaro
To run another marathon…
I have so many things I want to do, I’ll never have time to die.
   
I am thankful for this opportunity to revisit my list and choose something I can do in the next few days. I am so thankful to be a dreamer and always have things that are so fascinating for me, things that intrigue me and ask me to try them. I am thankful for endless curiosity, and sense of adventure. I am thankful for this very special class today and the thigs it brought forward.

No comments: