Sunday, July 28, 2013

A Washing Machine

Day 920 -Almost  two weeks ago my washing machine stopped working. Luckily it was as I turned it on and it didn't fill the machine with water so I was able to take the close out. But I really need a washer. Since I had an extended warranty I called the company. The technician who came on Thursday told me that the electrical board burned out and he ordered a new one for me. Today he came here and fixed it.Again, a very simple story but, as usual, the miracles are there right under watchful eyes and evading us, all in the same time. I don't have to tell you how much laundry accumulated in such a long period. On Thursday I even washed some of my clothes. So today after the technician left I started attacking the pile of laundry. It was hot out there so by the time the second load was done the first one was already dry (yes, out there on long wash lines, just the way I like it). So today I am writing a praising entry to my now working washing machine. So simple and shy it hides in this tiny room but believe me, when it didn't work I sure missed it. I know I washed all my clothes by hand when I moved here, but I sure like it more when I can put it into the washer, push a button and forget about it until it's time to hang it outside.
  
I am thankful my washer is working again. I am thankful for all the fresh and clean clothes now waiting in a big pile for me to fold and hang. I am thankful for the warranty I had on this machine; just this repair covered the cost of it. Life is full of small wonders, we just have to open out hearts to see; even if it's only a washer.    

No comments: