Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Train

Day 916 - In our country, with the way too many cars for the size of it and the unavoidable traffic jams, the train is a very convenience mode of transportation. Living far from the city it's even more so. and again, it becomes part of the scenery, something I don't really think about. Until comes a day like today and the next three in which the train is shut off in our area for some needed repairs and upgrades. And suddenly you learn to appreciate it. It took my partner two hours to make the 55 minutes trip. Over hundred people waited in the bus station and it was so crowded and unpleasant. On a regular day you know within 5-10 minutes when you'll be at your destination, with the bus it's the great unknown. It depends on the traffic and how many people are along the route. I think that coming out of these four days of great difficulties and so much more time spend on commuting, we will say our thanks every day to the train for running on schedule and simplify our lives. 
   
I am thankful this disturbance is only for four days. I am thankful I could take my car to work today and solve it this way. I am thankful one day is behind us already.      

No comments: