Saturday, July 27, 2013

An Airconditioner

Day 919 - It is summer here; hot and humid and long. Yesterday was so hot and the house was so stuffy that the ventilator could not make it any more bearable. So for the first time since we moved here I turned on the air conditioner. It's funny because I never thought twice about using it but somehow, ever since we moved here I didn't. I found out I actually like the fact that it is hot sometimes and more pleasant at others. This is the natural flow of things and if I preach about living more connected life then part of it is also to experience the seasons. But yesterday was too much and today was the same. And since I don't want to live by big statements and everything is up for reconsideration and change, I just turned on the AC and enjoyed a lovely afternoon yesterday and a cool and pleasant time today. It is for days like that those systems where invented.

I am thankful I have an AC in my house and I can use it whenever needed. I am thankful for this invention; it made my life so much more pleasant and enjoyable. I am thankful for such a great weekend; I wish it was longer.  

No comments: