Thursday, July 25, 2013

Rising to the occasion

Day 917 - My ex is going through some serious health issues. He is back there and two of our kids are far away from him and even the one that is near by is not living with him and has a family of her own. It means that he is alone at home and having to take care of himself and face the challenges all alone. That's how it looked until this afternoon when our daughter who lives here decided to fly back and be with him for the next two weeks. From one moment to the next she arranged a flight ticket and by now she is already in the air on her very long fight. She talked to our son and he decided to do the same thing and fly back home. It will be the first time since we left home that all the four of them will be together in one place. I was thinking about it a lot lately that we have to bring them closer together and here we go, crisis in the family and they leave their daily life and go to be with him. It is heart warming for me to see that.; to know that even if we were not smart enough to keep our marriage intact we still manage to raise three wonderful children who are ready on a moment's notice to go and support the one who really needs it. He is out of surgery by now, the outcome is still unknown but at least they stopped the deterioration and fixed what ever was fixable. Only time will tell what's ahead of him. But for the next few days he'll be surrounded by his kids bathing in their love and concern; the best remedy of all for sure. I am so sad to see what's going on with him. He was my partner and friend for so many years and it saddens me so much; and most of all it is so difficult to stand on the sideline with nothing I can do to help. I was praying all day today for a good outcome and a fast recovery.  
 
I am thankful the worst is over and the recovery is starting already. I am thankful to see my kids answering the call and go back home to help their dad in his time of need; it makes me so happy to see them united and strong, collaborating in order to make things easier and less traumatic.

No comments: