Thursday, July 11, 2013

Painting outdoors

Day 903 - Today was the last painting class for the year. We are taking a break for the next 3 months of summer and holidays and reconvene only at the beginning of October. And for this one we did a painting on location - painting outdoors. We met in a beautiful garden full of statues of children at play, over looking the bay. A very lovely spot and a most wonderful experience. We were there for over three hours and it was so special and made me want to do more of that. It is so relaxing to pass an afternoon outdoors, looking at the details of trees and grass and sea and sky; so connected and so into the painting almost blocking the world around me. sometimes in class when we are so many in a small and closed space, it's too easy to pay attention outwards and loose touch with my inner voice. Here it was open and we were scatted and I had the time and the space I needed. It is not done yet, but I did enough that I can finish it at home. And I had so much fun!!

I am thankful for such an intense and special experience. I am thankful for the opportunity to try something new and exciting. I am thankful for the gentle guidance of my teacher and for the space he gives me to find my own voice. I am thankful for a wonderful day.

No comments: